Tekla Center for Buildings Education
Trimble has appointed Chennai Institute of Technology as the first Educational Centre of Excellence in India for their Trimble Buildings business division. The main objective of this initiative is to educate technology students and ensure that the future engineers are well equipped with technology skills that the growing Indian industry employers value.
The Chennai Institute of Technology provides quality technical education with adequate industrial exposure with its innovative teaching methods. The institute will include a special certification course on Trimble’s Design Build Operate (DBO) technology in their curriculum where they will teach their students on Tekla BIM technology and also other Trimble Buildings construction solutions. The course will make the students industry ready with BIM skills. On the other hand, this education boosts the adoption of BIM within Indian construction industry.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring positioning or location, including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user in the field and to ensure communication between the field and the office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
Tekla Structures is the most advanced BIM (Building Information Modeling) software on the market. The construction industry utilizes it for creating, combining, managing and distributing highly detailed, accurate and information-rich models of all structures and all materials. The software interfaces with other solutions and manufacturing machinery, allowing the users to achieve efficient and error-free collaboration.
Tekla Building & Construction is part of Trimble Buildings, a Trimble segment focused on technology solutions that improve collaboration, efficiency and accuracy across the Design-Build-Operate (DBO) lifecycle of construction. Tekla drives the evolution of digital information models to provide greater competitive advantage to the construction, infrastructure and energy industries.
Centers of Excellence
- CENTER FOR SYSTEM DESIGN (CSD)
- CENTER FOR APPLIED RESEARCH (CAR)
- CENTER FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & RESEARCH(CAIR)
- CIT – Atalon Engine Research Center
- IIT Bombay Remote Center
- CENTER FOR MATERIAL RESEARCH (CMR)
- Center for 3D Printing and Reverse Engineering
- CIT – KYUTECH – WABCO Center for IoT
- Center for Data Science & Research
- Center for Nanotechnology
- Center for Biomedical Engineering and Research
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Center for Defense and Space Research
- Center for Hi-Tech Hydroponics R & D
- HCL Center for Embedded and Imaging Technology
- MHRD Institution’s Innovation Council
- CENTER FOR NONLINEAR SYSTEMS(CNS)
- Center for NC Technologies
- T&VS Center for VLSI Design
- Center for Industrial Automation
- Accurate Center for Metrology
- KUKA Center for Industrial Robotics
- Harita Research Center in Mechanical Engg.
- PMKVY Skill Development Center
- PEGA University Academic Program
- Tekla Center for Buildings Education
- Center for Energy (Solar & Wind) & Research