KUKA CENTER FOR Industrial Robotics
This collaborative effort of CIT-CHENNAI & KUKA has the main objective to encourage young professionals to take up this cross disciplinary field as a career of their choice and acquaint them with latest technological developments in the field of Industrial Robotics. The centre aims to train young engineering graduates and diploma students of all engineering disciplines up to the Industry expectations and foster research in applied robotics field.
The center is equipped with standard training cell comprising of KUKA KR-16 Industrial Robot with required auxiliary equipment. This training cell is capable of performing multitude of operations used for welding, painting, gluing and other essential industrial operations used by the automobile, food & beverages, packaging and other manufacturing/Production industries. In addition to this, a robotics computer simulation lab is also being established with latest industrial robotics simulation Software like SimPro & SimLayout, used to design, develop and simulate robotic operations for different manufacturing establishments.
The center will conduct following training programs for Engineering students of all disciplines starting from their 2nd year of education at various listed levels:
- Robot Programming Basic Level: Training on basic concepts of robot programming, operation of robot system in general
- Robot Programming Advance Level: Training on Motion programming and programming methodology of robot system
- Robot Programming Expert Level: Training on robotic project execution and interrupt programming etc.
- After the successful completion of the training the students will get opportunity to do their internships in major engineering industries thereby ensuring the students to meet the expected skill requirement of the industry.
Centers of Excellence
- CENTER FOR SYSTEM DESIGN (CSD)
- CENTER FOR APPLIED RESEARCH (CAR)
- CENTER FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & RESEARCH(CAIR)
- CIT – Atalon Engine Research Center
- IIT Bombay Remote Center
- CENTER FOR MATERIAL RESEARCH (CMR)
- Center for 3D Printing and Reverse Engineering
- CIT – KYUTECH – WABCO Center for IoT
- Center for Data Science & Research
- Center for Nanotechnology
- Center for Biomedical Engineering and Research
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Center for Defense and Space Research
- Center for Hi-Tech Hydroponics R & D
- HCL Center for Embedded and Imaging Technology
- MHRD Institution’s Innovation Council
- CENTER FOR NONLINEAR SYSTEMS(CNS)
- Center for NC Technologies
- T&VS Center for VLSI Design
- Center for Industrial Automation
- Accurate Center for Metrology
- KUKA Center for Industrial Robotics
- Harita Research Center in Mechanical Engg.
- PMKVY Skill Development Center
- PEGA University Academic Program
- Tekla Center for Buildings Education
- Center for Energy (Solar & Wind) & Research