The scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell in Chennai Institute of Technology promotes the special interest of students in the reserved category and to provide special inputs in areas where the students experiences difficulty. The cell regularly have to conduct remedial coaching classes on life skills, personality development, writing assignments and making presentations and have to organize interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.The key functionalities of the cell are
- To bring the students belongs to SC/ST community at par with the main stream student body.
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and non academic matters.
- To monitor the implementation of reservation policy in the institution.
- Committee often meet the students and faculties belong to SC/ST communities, to understand their problem and take necessary action and/or render them necessary advice/help to resolve the problem.
- Creating awareness among the SC/ST students regarding the various Government and Non-Government scholarship schemes.
- Counseling and motivating the students to help them overcome inferiority complex related to interaction with fellow students and personal grooming, etc.
For more Information : http://www.aicte-india.org/adsccell.php
SC/ST Cell Committee Members:
|Assistant Professor||S& H||Member|
- About CIT
- Vision & Mission
- Group of Companies
- Academic Council
- Finance Committee
- Governing Body
- Awards and Recognition
- Rules and Regulations