MoE’s Institution’s Innovation Council
Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Currently 1000 Higher Education institutions are selected to form Institution Innovation Council in India and Chennai Institute of Technology is privileged to be selected among the few institutes all over the country for establishing Institution Innovation Council as per the norms of the Innovation Cell of Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Centers of Excellence
- CENTER FOR SYSTEM DESIGN (CSD)
- CENTER FOR APPLIED RESEARCH (CAR)
- CENTER FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & RESEARCH(CAIR)
- CIT – Atalon Engine Research Center
- IIT Bombay Remote Center
- CENTER FOR MATERIAL RESEARCH (CMR)
- Center for 3D Printing and Reverse Engineering
- CIT – KYUTECH – WABCO Center for IoT
- Center for Data Science & Research
- CENTRE OF PERPETUAL MECHANICS
- Center for Nanotechnology
- Center for Biomedical Engineering and Research
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Center for Defense and Space Research
- Center for Hi-Tech Hydroponics R & D
- HCL Center for Embedded and Imaging Technology
- MoE’s – Institution Innovation Council
- CENTER FOR NONLINEAR SYSTEMS(CNS)
- Center for NC Technologies
- T&VS Center for VLSI Design
- Center for Industrial Automation
- Accurate Center for Metrology
- KUKA Center for Industrial Robotics
- Harita Research Center in Mechanical Engg.
- PMKVY Skill Development Center
- PEGA University Academic Program
- Tekla Center for Buildings Education
- Center for Energy (Solar & Wind) & Research