Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. If anybody found indulged in such kind of
activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Supreme Court of India has
banned ragging. In order to prevent such activity in campus, several committees have been
developed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the Director /
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the
college/department/classroom as well as on public transport. Any individual or group of
individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging, constitutes gross indiscipline and such
individual/ groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. This includes individual or collective
acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the
status, dignity, and honour of any student
Students shall not:
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of girl students.
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of SC and ST students
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behavior
- The Principal / the Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of
the occurrence of ragging.
Action Against Ragging:
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the
following provision for action against ragging.
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging
within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with
imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty which may extend to Ten thousand
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational
institution & such student shall not be admitted in any educational institution for a period of
five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an
educational institution complaints, in writing of ragging to the head of the educational
institution, the head of the educational institution shall without prejudice to the forgoing
provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire in to the matter
mentioned in the complaint & if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is
accused of the offence, & shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station
having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further
action. Where, on the enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there
in no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he / she shall intimate the fact, in
writing, to the complaint. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be
- If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in
section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have
abetted the offence & shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above.